Re: [ldm-users] problems with product queue - ldm.pq

Hi Gilbert and Daryl

Thanks for your fast answer. Yes, I am using LDM 6.8.1. I changed the file
ldmadmin-pl.conf to $pq_size = "4G", because I am ingesting data from
CONDUIT (GFS model). The ldm.pq file has around 4 G (4 075 618 304), that is
why I want to delete it.
"This 'file' can be thought of as a rotating queue of data slots where
products are inserted, deleted, etc as the running LDM processes see fit."
Then, I can't modify it, the products will go out of the file just by LDM,
and it will be always around 4 G? One more question: so, the size of this
file will not disturb the ingestion of data by LDM?
I am asking this because I had problems to receive data from CONDUIT (GFS
12hs) and I thought that maybe the problem was the size of the file ldm.pq.
Using ldmadmin watch, I saw that the model was acessed correctly, but the
folder at my machine (order in pqact) was empty.

The lines of pqact:
CONDUIT    ^/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/gfs\.(.*)/gfs\.t..z\.pgrb2f(.*)
!grib2/ncep/GFS/#000/(.*)!
    FILE    /usr/local/ldm/data/modelos/NCEP/GFS/50km/GFS50_\1.grib2

Thanks a lot

2010/11/19 daryl herzmann <akrherz@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> On Fri, 19 Nov 2010, Carina Padilha wrote:
>
>  I have problems with the product queue, I think that people that are using
>> ldm since long time can help me. The file ldm.pq is too big, I want to clean
>> it and I don't know how to do it. I delete the file using ldmadmin delqueue
>> and create again with ldmadmin mkqueue, but the file returns with the same
>> size. I stop and start ldm and nothing happens. I use ldmadmin clean, but I
>> think it's not the problem, nothing happens. I read a lot about this product
>> queue and how to work with it, but it is not clear for me how to take data
>> from it and how to delete information in it. Can someone help me to find the
>> problem? Thanks
>>

> The LDM queue file is a fixed file size based on what you have set in your
> etc/ldmadmin-pl.conf file (look at $pq_size).  This 'file' can be thought of
> as a rotating queue of data slots where products are inserted, deleted, etc
> as the running LDM processes see fit.  To take data from it, check out the
> 'pqcat' command, which you can use to dump out products by matching the
> names they are stored in the queue under.
>

> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/product-queue.html
>
> daryl
>
> --
> /**
>  * Daryl Herzmann
>  * Assistant Scientist -- Iowa Environmental Mesonet
>  * http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
>  */

  • Search the ldm-users archives: