Re: [ldm-users] problems with product queue - ldm.pq

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010, Carina Padilha wrote:

Hi all

I have problems with the product queue, I think that people that are using
ldm since long time can help me.
The file ldm.pq is too big, I want to clean it and I don't know how to do
it. I delete the file using ldmadmin delqueue and create again with ldmadmin
mkqueue, but the file returns with the same size. I stop and start ldm and
nothing happens. I use ldmadmin clean, but I think it's not the problem,
nothing happens. I read a lot about this product queue and how to work with
it, but it is not clear for me how to take data from it and how to delete
information in it. Can someone help me to find the problem?
Thanks

Hello Carina,

Sure! I will assume you are using LDM 6.8.1, the officially supported version.

Go into your /home/ldm/etc directory and find the file ldmadmin-pl.conf.

Edit this entry:

# Requested size, in bytes, of the data portion of the LDM product-queue.
# The actual size might be slightly greater than the requested size for
# performance reasons.  It is recommended that IDD sites keep at least one
# hour's worth of
# data in the queue. This means that the queue size should depend upon how # much data is requested. After the queue has stabilized, use the pqmon(1) # utility to monitor the age of the oldest product in the queue and adjust this
# value, if necessary.  Understood suffixes include "K", "M", and "G" for
# "kilo", "mega", and "giga", respectively.  The default requested size
# is 500 megabytes (i.e., "500M").
$pq_size = "1100000000";

That last number (and it may be different on yours) can be changed. However, if you do this, be advised that if you are ingesting large feeds, it can bog down or even crash the LDM if you lower the number. If you are ingesting small feeds, you can do so pretty safely. I am testing the beta LDM 6.9 which adjusts the queue size on the fly, which is neat, and eliminates the issue. Until it's released, reduce your queue size with caution, figuring out/estimating roughly how much data comes in per hour.

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: