Re: [ldm-users] sasquatch.tamu.edu will be unreliable today

Well, sasquatch (and honestly, bigbird) are on older machines. I'm trying to see what I can do to upgrade hardware on both because of this, but the current budgetary likelihood is "just make 'em work".

I'm also considering a physical move to a higher bandwidth data center on campus. That, too, will be a better place for conditioned power and longer-term backup power.

I'd just like to get past this. It's eaten almost 3 weeks of our time, and that's A) too long for us to have to spend to get something back right, and B) too long to inconvenience our down-stream users.

Thanks for the encouragement, Gilbert!

gerry