Re: [ldm-users] Turning off RPC

Tyler Allison wrote:
I've run LDM without portmapper/rpcbind given they are both ginormous
security risks. It delays the startup/shutdown and other admin functions
since LDM tries to RPC but fails, then it tries again, etc...until it
figures out it is never going to work and defaults to 388 and everything
works fine afterwards.

Personally, I'd rather see it assume 388 and fall back to
portmapper/rpcbind in the event of 388 failure, but that's just me :)

Actually, Steve E wrote to me off-list and indicated that this is exactly how it works. Change in the code at some point??

I'd still like to disable it.  :-)

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
plaws@xxxxxx