Re: [ldm-users] Weather2.admin.niu.edu outage

Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

Should I start a discussion on what hard drive brand(s), if any, are actually reliable anymore? Seagate has certainly gone downhill.

Seagate has had recent issues with certain firmware revs on certain of their SATA drives. We just went through a 24-disk storage unit and flashed them one at a time (allowing a rebuild to the spare in between). Other than that, I wouldn't hesitate to use Seagate. Besides, there isn't a lot out there any more. =:-|

One of our problems was that the RAID vendor didn't want to have anything to do with the disks that they provided in the RAID - "not our problem - talk to Seagate". This may explain why they don't exist any more ...

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
plaws@xxxxxx

  • Search the ldm-users archives: