[ldm-users] Weather2.admin.niu.edu outage

For the 4th time in 3 years, a bad Seagate hard drive has fried
weather2.admin.niu.edu. I'll have to restore from backup.
Worse, NIU is closed on Fridays for the summer, so I won't get the hard drive until Monday afternoon. So I expect I won't get things fully running again until Tuesday at the earliest. If you have your failovers as weather or weather3.admin.niu.edu, you are fine, and this is an informational message only. If not...add them as your failovers. If you can feed from weather2, you should be able to feed from weather and weather3.

Should I start a discussion on what hard drive brand(s), if any, are actually reliable anymore? Seagate has certainly gone downhill.

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: