Re: [ldm-users] 20090416: NOAAport down

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Dan Vietor wrote:

The feed appears to have cleared up at 1931Z.  Our BER dropped to 10e-6
and is hovering there.   I've noticed that Novras have a BER history so
even though the feed has cleaned up, the BER will continue to be high
until that history has aged out.  In other words, the BER is not
instantaneous.   A quick way to age the history out is to power cycle
the Novra.

I have both a 3m and 3.7m dish I get NOAAPORT on and both went down even
though the 3m seemed to be getting packets when the 3.7m wasn't.   When
I saw that, I figured it might be a NWS problem.

Interesting. I just checked COD's and they are at 1.5 x 10 ^ -2 with a
3 meter dish. Mine is 4 x 10 ^ -4 with a 3.8 (well, 3.7 meter) dish.
UNIDATA says they are hovering between 1 x 10 -4 and 1 x 10 ^ -5 with their 3.7 meter dish.

Your dish must be on steroids. ;-)

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the ldm-users archives: