[ldm-users] GFS change at 1200 UTC 25 September?

I have had a couple of users complain about changes in the GFS data starting with the 1200 UTC run on 25 September. I notice there is a jump up in the size of the gempak files starting with that run. Does anyone know of any changes? If you are curious about what I am talking about, look at this page, which uses the 0.5 degree data:

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/~hakim/loop.psp?url=~hakim/tropo/theta/

Start the loop and look at the areas in white go from smooth to noisy with the 1200 UTC 25th run. Another user is now having problems with his WRF initialization that he did not have before this.

  • Search the ldm-users archives: