Re: [ldm-users] Feature request for LDM

Steve Emmerson wrote:
Hi Gilbert,

Is it insufficient, inconvenient, or just hard to remember to execute the command

     pqact -vl - -q /dev/null pathname

when you modify file "pathname"?

Hard to remember. I have resorted to the LDM equivalent of the 3-finger salute: "ldmadmin restart" most of the time. My fingers remember that even if I don't.

I could modify the file "ldmadmin-pl.conf" to create a variable that contained the pathnames of all the "pqact" configuration-files. The components of this variable could then be checked by the "ldmadmin pqactcheck" command. The problem is that there is no guarantee that the variable will contain all the files.

I think a better solution would be for the ldmadmin script to extract the pathnames of the "pqact" configuration-files from the LDM configuration-file. I'll think about it.

Personally, I think your better solution is a better solution. Consider this encouragement.

How was the bagpipe contest?

gerry

Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
Hello all,

You know how you can do an ldmadmin pqactHUP and it re-reads all the pqact
files that are active? Well...

Can we do an ldmadmin pqactcheck do the same thing? It would make life easier for those running multiple pqact files, like me...