Re: New LDM server for EMWIN-only feed

Gilbert,

Since I send out emails with tornado warnings and such, if I had NOAAport and EMWIN turned on, I bet I'd get duplicate emails sent out. Different LDM generated numbers (albeit same time stamp on the WMO header). Otherwise, I'd do it.

If the products are first passed through an LDM system, then you shouldn't see duplicate emails because the LDM product-queue will not allow a data-product that has the same MD5 signature as a data-product that is already in the product-queue to be inserted into the queue. Of course, this requires that the data-products have the same MD5 signature and different LDM ingesters don't always compute the MD5
signature the same way.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

  • Search the ldm-users archives: