Re: A disturbing lack of data

Ben,

>Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:31:29 -0500 (US Eastern Standard Time)
>From: Ben Cotton <bcotton@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: A disturbing lack of data

> We rebooted anvil today because it doesn't play nice with the other
> children.  Unfortunately, they didn't give me time to politely stop LDM
> before the switch was thrown.

Assuming that the systems administrator didn't just execute the halt(1)
command or merely pull the plug, then you should probably incorporate
an LDM shutdown/boot script into the shutdown/boot procedure of the
computer in question in order to ensure a graceful shutdown and startup.
Information on this, as well as an example, can currently be found at

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/ldm-6.0.14/basics/configuring.html#boot

> Ben
>
> ====================
> Benjamin J. Cotton
> LDM/Forecast Game Administrator
> Dept of Earth and Atmos. Sci.
> Purdue University
>
> NOTICE:  The addresses for my e-mail and website
> will be changing soon.  Please note the new
> addresses below.  The old ones will not continue
> to work after sometime this summer!
>
> bcotton@xxxxxxxxxx
> (765)743-6083   (502)551-5403
> web.ics.purdue.edu/~bcotton