Re: pqact, Unix pipes on a PIPE action

Mark,

Thanks for the help.  Makes sense now.  Have a shell script performing
the necessary functions I was looking for.

Michael

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Mark Tucker wrote:

> On Friday 14 November 2003 16:42, Michael Scharber wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Just started investigating LDM for use in our group for near real-time GPS
> > data distribution and want to set up a Unix pipeline from my PIPE action
> > in pqact.conf.  Can someone provide me with a syntax example?  I'm trying
> > all sorts of combinations of the below:
> >
> > EXP ^(........\...)d\.Z$
> >     PIPE
> >     "uncompress  | crx2rnx - > /tmp/file.1"
> >
> > Everything I try results in one form or another of  "No such file or
> > directory".
>
> I would look at writing a small shell script in ~ldm/util and calling that
> with the pipe action:
>
> EXP   ^(........\...)d\.Z$
>       PIPE            -close
>       util/process.sh
>
> The create the shell script process.sh:
> #---------CUT---------------------------------------
> #!/bin/sh
>
> target=/tmp/file.1
>
> cat |uncompress |crx2rnx - > $target
> #
> #---------CUT---------------------------------------
>
> I've gotten this to work with some of the gempak decoders in a similar
> manner.

        Michael Scharber
        Scripps Institution of Oceanography
        Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics
        8785 Biological Grade
        IGPP Room 4212
        La Jolla, CA 92037

        mscharber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx