Re: pqact, Unix pipes on a PIPE action

On Friday 14 November 2003 16:42, Michael Scharber wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Just started investigating LDM for use in our group for near real-time GPS
> data distribution and want to set up a Unix pipeline from my PIPE action
> in pqact.conf.  Can someone provide me with a syntax example?  I'm trying
> all sorts of combinations of the below:
>
> EXP   ^(........\...)d\.Z$
>       PIPE
>       "uncompress  | crx2rnx - > /tmp/file.1"
>
> Everything I try results in one form or another of  "No such file or
> directory".

I would look at writing a small shell script in ~ldm/util and calling that
with the pipe action:

EXP     ^(........\...)d\.Z$
        PIPE            -close
        util/process.sh

The create the shell script process.sh:
#---------CUT---------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

target=/tmp/file.1

cat |uncompress |crx2rnx - > $target
#

I've gotten this to work with some of the gempak decoders in a similar
manner.

--
Mark Tucker
Meteorology Dept. Systems Administrator