Re: trouble getting through to weather2.admin.niu.edu FIXED?

>Whatever the problem was, it was corrected early this morning. All of a
>sudden, I got a flood of emails from OU (the ones I should have gotten
>from the discussion, AND those that were sent to me privately). So...
>what happened? I am at a loss. I emailed our network chief head honcho
>to look into it yesterday, and today, it is working. I dunno which end the
>problem was...but I am now resolving all OU addresses. FSU et al who
>couldn't get to me before, please verify you can reach me.

>Gilbert Sebenste                                                     ********
>(My opinions only!)                                                  ******
>Staff Meteorologist, Northern Illinois University                      ****
>E-mail: gilbert@xxxxxxx                                               ***
>web: http://weather.admin.niu.edu                                      **
>Work phone: 815-753-5492                                                *

Gilbert...

It looks like all is finally well.  MUNCHKIN shows a connection at 8:42am
today.  The mail queue on my workstation has cleared out, so no more old
email.

Admin people were looking at the problem at this end, while people were doing
the same at your end.  Someone obviously found and fixed the problem.

        Kevin W. Thomas
        University of Oklahoma
        Norman, Oklahoma
        Email:  kwthomas@xxxxxx