Re: LDM Dies - aeolus downstream sites should fail over

Larry Riddle wrote:

> My ldm (running on aeolus.ucsd.edu) keeps shutting down with the following
> message:
>
>         Feb 05 22:59:41 aeolus rpc.ldmd[4244]: Terminating process group
>
> This is a complete shutdown.  There are no ldm owned process left in the
> mix.  I bring it back on-line and it will work for a while.  Then it shuts
> down again with the same message.
>
> I haven't a clue as to what is causing this.  All sites feeding from aeolus
> should consider failing over to their alternate until this stops.  I have a
> meeting to go to this evening (and six or seven hours worth of sleep)
> during which I won't be able to monitor the ldm.
>
> UPC:  Anybody there able to help me?
>
> Larry
>
>      ---===---=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=====[\/]=====-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=---===---
>    -----===(*  Climate's what we expect, but weather's what we get.
> *)===-----
>   Larry Riddle : Climate Research Division : Scripps Institution of
> Oceanography
>       University of California, San Diego : La Jolla, California  92093-0224
>       Phone: (858) 534-1869 : Fax: (858) 534-8561 : E-Mail: lriddle@xxxxxxxx

Hi Larry,

I'm on aeolus.  I see the problem - an assertion about the state of the
product queue is regularly failing.  But, I don't yet see why this is
happening.

As per Larry's suggestion, sites feeding from aeolus should fail over
until further notice.

Anne
anne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307