Re: McIDAS down

We've contacted our system Administrators, and they  fixed the name
server problem.

They updated arthur to the correct IP at about 16:35 UTC. Sorry for any
problems this may have caused.

This only affected our backup name sever.

Jerrold

Anne Wilson wrote:

> Oops, dumb response retracted.
>
> We confirmed Harry's results.  At least one of SSECs name servers is
> giving out the bad IP address.  The output below is a snippet from
> nslookup.  The server ssec.wisc.edu is showing the 144 IP address.
>
> ------------
> Default Server:  ssec.wisc.edu
> Address:  144.92.108.61
>
> > unidata.ssec.wisc.edu
> Server:  ssec.wisc.edu
> Address:  144.92.108.61
>
> We'll try contacting SSEC directly.
>
> Anne
> --
> Anne Wilson                     UCAR Unidata Program
> anne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                  P.O. Box 3000
>                                   Boulder, CO  80307
> Unidata WWW server       http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

Jerrold Robaidek                        Email:  robo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
SSEC Data Center                        Phone: (608) 262-6025
University of Wisconsin                 Fax: (608) 263-6738
Madison, Wisconsin

  • Search the ldm-users archives: