Note about ldmarchive

Hi Everybody!

        I just wanted to send a FYI to everybody regarding the data
stored in the ldmarchive.agron.iastate.edu queue

        Under normal operating conditions, I only request UNIDATA * and
the local NEXRADs for the archive.  With a 3G queue, I have approximately
30 hours worth of data on hand.

        Under special conditions like a couple of weekends ago, I will
request ANY * from the upstream site.  This reduces the queue capacity to
about < 10 hours, I think.  My memory is fading with my old age.

        Anyway, every once in a while I will notice somebody failing over
just to feed while motherlode is down or their upstream sites are both
down.  Just realize that under normal conditions, ldmarchive will probably
not have RADAR data for your site!!!

        FYI, I am currently feeding ANY until motherlode comes back...

Later,
        Daryl

--
/**