Re: pqact won't start

Robert Mullenax wrote:

> Should have mentioned that, we have tried just using the pqact.conf that
> comes from the
> dist as well and copying one over that works fine on a new machine..to
> no avail.  I have never
> been so frustrated..
>
> Thanks,
> Robert Mullenax
>
> Thomas Don Aratari wrote:
> >
> > Robert
> >
> > There must be an error in your pqact.conf file, your missing a tab or
> > something to the sort. I've gotten this problem when that happens.
> >
> > Hope this helps
> >
> > Tom

> > Thomas Aratari                  taratari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > UofM ITD Contract Services      Unix System Administration
> > Pager: 670-3861                 E-Page: taratari-page@xxxxxxxxx
> > AOSS Building - LDM/Sys Admin           (734) 764-4584
> > Medical Science Building II - Sys Admin (734) 763-5558
>
> --
> Robert Mullenax
> Weather Systems Administrator
> Universal Weather and Aviation
> 8787 Tallyho
> Houston, TX 77061
> Phone: 713-944-1622 ext 2223
> FAX: 713-943-4645
> Email: rmullenax@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Robert,

What happens if you invoke the ldm from the command line in debug mode?
i.e., make sure all ldm processes are dead, then do
        rpc.ldmd -x -l -

I'm wondering if it will tell you if it's detecting a problem.

Are you able to exec other processes from the ldmd.conf file on that
machine?

You can email back to me directly.

Anne
anne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                  P.O. Box 3000