RE: Anyone seeing the unencrypted NEXRAD data?

It doesn't surprise me that NIDS on NOAAPORT is still encrypted.  There
was an issue about an AWIPS software upgrade in order to handle the
compressed data.  This was part of the reason for the initial 3 month
delay.  The fact that the test data for ARX came out so late leads me to
believe that not all WFOs have been upgraded.  But I get the feeling
that NWS is committed to showing off NIDS at the AMS conference starting
on the 14th.  So look for the encryption to come off just before the
conference.  My question will be whether all sites will be open by the
AMS show or just enough to show off???  We'll see.

Daniel Vietor               Mail: devo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unisys Corp                 Title: Engineer/Meteorologist
221 Gale Lane               Phone: 610-925-5206
Kennett Square PA 19348     Fax: 610-925-5215

  • Search the ldm-users archives: