Recent Version of LDM Required to Receive NEXRAD Data

Hello ldm-users,

Here at the UPC we are preparing for the radar data that
will be available via NOAAPort and the IDD on January 1.  In
conjunction with the Unidata Users Committee we are
exploring options for distributing the data.  Our goal is to
make as much of the data available as possible without
swamping the IDD.  Information will be provided as soon as
possible.

Towards this end we have added to the LDM a new feed type
called NEXRAD.  We have also upgraded the product queue
algorithms resulting in greatly improved performance for
insertion and deletion of data products.

This note is a reminder that sites who wish to receive this
data will need to be running a recent version of the LDM.
In particular, you will need the current version, 5.1.2, in
order to be able to use both the NEXRAD feed type and the
improved product queue algorithms.

You can get the source distribution at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ldmSourceInstallList.html.

You can get the binary distribution at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ldmBinaryInstallList.html.

Remember that in upgrading to version 5.1.2 you will need
build a new product queue.  More information regarding 5.1.2
is available at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/announce/announce-5.1.2.html.

Thank you to all of you who have already upgraded to version
5.1.2.

Anne
anne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307