LDM 5.1.2. RedHat 7 Install

I have had great success installing and utilizing LDM on HP-UX boxes
since about 1995.  Recently, I installed LDM 5.1.2 on a Pentium III box
running Redhat 7.  The installation went smoothly and all pertinent
processes fired up as usual.  I am feeding the box with an AWIPS
asynchronous feed to Com Port 1 (ttyS0) and have verified that products
are arriving at the Com Port.  However, LDM, or I guess more
specifically, pqing, is not recognizing any valid products, thus
nothing ever shows up in the queue.  Also puzzling, is that I am able
to insert a product into the queue via pqinsert, but upon completion of
that, pqact does nothing with the product, and it just sits in the
queue.  I have this exact configuration (only LDM 5.0.5) successfully
running on an HP-UX 10.2 machine.  I have verified with others in the
NWS (and as I am sure many of you can attest) that LDM 5.1.2 will
definitely work with RedHat 7, but I sure am having a problem.

I have searched every LDM/Linux WWW page I can find and have posted
this problem internally to the NWS without any success.  ldmd.log shows
no errors. I tried both binary and source installs and noted no
differences.  I even tried two or three earlier versions of LDM, also
with no success.  If anyone could offer any suggestions on how to
troubleshoot this problem further, I would be very much appreciative.
The machine is basically clean, and I have the option of rebuilding the
kernel if needed.  I am just about out of ideas.  Thanks in advance for
any help.

Justin
---------------------------------
Justin Weaver
Lead Forecaster/AWIPS Focal Point
National Weather Service
Detroit/Pontiac (DTX)
---------------------------------
begin:vcard
n:Weaver;Justin
fn:Justin Weaver
tel;fax:248-625-4834
tel;work:248-625-4139
url:www.crh.noaa.gov/dtx/start.htm
org:National Weather Service (DTX);Detroit/Pontiac Michigan
version:2.1
email;internet:Justin.Weaver@xxxxxxxx
title:Lead Forecaster/AWIPS Focal Point
end:vcard