[idvusers] 20150720: GOES Data Gaps

Hi Brendon,

re:
>We've noticed some occasional gaps in GOES data via ADDE servers for
>RTIMAGES (and sometimes in IDD feeds).  The most recent example: GOES-E
>data via IDV stopped at 2145Z yesterday and resumed at 1645Z today.
>Does anyone know why this may be happening?

Sometime after 21:45 UTC yesterday IDD data stopped being processed on
motherlode.unidata.ucar.edu, and adde.ucar.edu is currently a pseudonym
for ADDE services on motherlode.  The strange thing about this outage
was that the LDM was still running on motherlode, IDD data was still
flowing into its LDM queue, but no products were being processed out of
the queue even though all 'pqact' instances that should be running were
running.  After being alerted by end-users that there was no new data
since Sunday afternoon (our automatic alert systems were not triggered
since the LDM was running and data was being received), we forceably
stopped motherlode's LDM, deleted and remade its LDM queue and restarted,
data processing as restored.

The motherlode clones that we operate were did not suffer the same
processing problem seen on motherlode, so the imagery record on those
machines should be complete.

Reminder: the motherlode-class machines we operate are:

motherlode.unidata.ucar.edu (aka motherlode.ucar.edu, adde.ucar.edu)
atm.ucar.edu
idd.ssec.wisc.edu           (aka adde.ssec.wisc.edu, unidata2-new.ssec.wisc.edu)
lead.unidata.ucar.edu

We apologize for the data outage; investigations are underway.

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* yoksas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*