[idvusers] issues reading GrADs binary grid Files using IDV

hi there,

I am using IDV 5.0u2 and 5.1u2 try to read GrADs binary grid files through
control file (CTL File).
The Ctl looks like this and it works fine using Grads to open it.

both 5.0 and 5.1 can open ctl file fine and plot fine.
only issue remain is the time dimension
no matter how I change the tdef line, "12z20MAY2015"
it always show starting from 1970-01-01-08 CST in IDV
in this case:
1970-01-01-08 CST
1970-01-01-09 CST
1970-01-01-10 CST...

If I change "60mn" to "1dy", it will appear like
1970-01-01-08 CST
1970-01-02-08 CST
1970-01-03-08 CST...

If I change "49", IDV will report error.

Seems to me that the IDV does not get any infomation from "12z20MAY2015" in the
line TDEF in  CTL file.

If anyone has any experience please do not hestitate to share with me. Many
thanks.

dset ^postvar2015052012
options sequential big_endian
title post output from grapes
undef 9.999E+20
xdef   831  linear   102.0000    0.0300
ydef   661  linear    17.0000    0.0300
zdef   26 levels
 1000.000000
 975.0000000
 ...... to save space here
 20.00000000
 10.00000000
tdef   49 linear 12z20MAY2015    60mn
vars 30
u 26 0 u_wind
v 26 0 v_wind
...... to save space here
tslb  4 0 tslb
mslb  4 0 mslb
endvars

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/idvusers/2011/msg00042.html

--
Dr. Jian TANG
Central Meteorological Office

No. 46, Zhongguancun South Street, Haidian District, Beijing
P. R. China, 100081