Re: [idvusers] Time Zones

So the relevant time zone setting lives in main.xml; Eastern time looks like the following:

    <method name="put">
        <string><![CDATA[Data.TimeZone]]></string>
        <string><![CDATA[America/New_York]]></string>
    </method>

I created a copy of the main.xml file with the additional time zone setting embedded called edtestmain.xml. According to sections 5.2.1 and 7.4 of the user guide, I should be able to run IDV with custom settings from a file from the command line using the -properties arguement. When I try to run the following:

runIDV.bat -properties Z:\gyx\edtestmain.xml Z:\gyx\gyxRadarloop.isl

the images still come out with GMT instead of EDT, no errors. Does anyone have a recommendation to make this work as intended?

Thanks,
Brendon

Don Murray (NOAA Affiliate) wrote:
Hi Brendon-

The timezone is a global setting for the IDV by design.  It's like
setting the timezone for you OS - it applies to everything you run.

However, if you just want to use it for labelling through isl, that
might be possible because a label could be formated with a particular
timezone passed in.  It would not apply to the default display list
labels, but you could add your own labels that could be formatted
appropriately. That would require some coding, but, I agree it would be
a useful feature.

Don