Re: [idvusers] IDV Applet?

Before I left the Unidata Committees, there was some discussion about
investigating this direction in the future.  While it would take many,
many person-years to recapitulate the entire IDV in JavaScript using
the WebGL, it might be practical to head more in the direction that
Bill talks about:  having a "full IDV" running "in the cloud"
somewhere and feeding an "applet" (JS and WebGL) the
necessary-for-rendering data.  There are some exciting examples of
just the visualization parts at sites like ThreeJS
(http://threejs.org/) that I find really exciting.

The fundamental design issue is where you would draw the line between
"display" and "everything else"....Bill, when you say "present and
manipulate", exactly what functions are you thinking of?