[idvusers] 2 Questions: Creating default settings and using Time Animation to view .nc radar files

Hello,

First-time poster here, and new to IDV. I'm currently working on a project that
involves using IDV to read in .nc radar data files to manually track the motion
of individual storm cells for a convective event. Optimally, I would like to be
able to display all of my files using the same Field Selector and Display
settings, but am having trouble figuring out how to do this (right now, after
adding the files as sources, I manually have to change the settings of each
image individually, which is becoming a pain). I know that creating default
settings is likely very trivial, but I haven't had any luck finding the
solution. Any tips on how I would go about doing this would be greatly
appreciated.

Also, I would like to be able to view all of these files in sequential order
using the Time Animation widget (the files contain radar data at 15-minute
intervals), but cannot find the option to do this. Does the Time Animation
widget only work for specific file types?

Thank you for your patience and for any information.

- Michael