As always, if you have concerns or input about the direction of the IDV development, please bring them to the Unidata User's Committee and/or the Unidata Policy Committee. They are meeting this week in Boulder. You can send your comments to usercomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or unidata_pc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cheers,

Don

On 10/18/10 9:45 AM, HansPeter Roesli wrote:
Hi Reinoud -

Excellent point - up to now I have not found any backing. in the last
2-3 years I have repeatedly reminded the IDV developers to integrate a
BUFR reader, telling them that without BUFR IDV is quite incomplete. I
have always been told that it is in the pipeline.

cheers, HP

On 2010-10-18 14:04, Reinoud Bokhorst wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to read WMO BUFR data in IDV? I have searched through
the forums and documentation but find very few hints about BUFR support.

I've tried loading the attached file in IDV 2.9, Thredds 4.1.9 and
toolUI-4.2 but only toolUI seems to be able to read it. Since they all
use the CDM, I expected the same level of support in those
applications (..?).