Re: [idvusers] BUFR support in IDV

 Hi Reinoud -

Excellent point - up to now I have not found any backing. in the last 2-3 years I have repeatedly reminded the IDV developers to integrate a BUFR reader, telling them that without BUFR IDV is quite incomplete. I have always been told that it is in the pipeline.

cheers, HP

On 2010-10-18 14:04, Reinoud Bokhorst wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to read WMO BUFR data in IDV? I have searched through the forums and documentation but find very few hints about BUFR support.

I've tried loading the attached file in IDV 2.9, Thredds 4.1.9 and toolUI-4.2 but only toolUI seems to be able to read it. Since they all use the CDM, I expected the same level of support in those applications (..?).

begin:vcard
fn:HansPeter Roesli
n:Roesli;HansPeter
org:EUMETSAT Satellite Meteorology Consultant
adr;quoted-printable:;;via Monte Br=C3=A8 5;Locarno;;CH-6605;Switzerland
email;internet:satmet.hp@xxxxxxxxxx
tel;work:+4179 292 0706
tel;home:+4191 751 3650
tel;cell:+4179 292 0706