Re: [idvusers] Some comments to IDV

Hi-

Jeff McWhirter wrote:
I just wanted to encourage the IDV developer team to implement the latest
conventions, especially for point and station time series observations (
<https://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/wiki/PointObservationConventions>
https://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/wiki/PointObservationConventions) as soon as
possible. Is there a time aimed at for the next IDV release?

This convention, developed by a Unidata colleague, is quite new and the latest version of the IDV will support it. Furthermore, we can also export point data (from any source) into this format. Also, with this work we have some initial support for reading GEMPAK point files as well.

Please note that this convention has not yet been finalized or accepted
as an official CF convention and may change. However, as Jeff notes, the latest nightly build does support the current invocation. Feedback
on that support is appreciated.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm