Re: [idvusers] Fields Selection for Model Data

I am new to IDV and I intend to use it for looking at archived grib files from our locally run WRF-ARW model. I can ingest the grib files just fine. My question
concerns the fields available for selection.

Are the fields that appear under "2d" and "3d" configurable? Is this discussed in detail in the users guide? Is there a document that talks about this that you could point me to?

Hi Jim,
The fields under the "Derived" area are ones that the IDV computes on the fly from the fields available in the data file. So, not only can you restrict what is being shown with the Field Mask facility that Don described you can also define new derived fields as well. See here for more information:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/tools/DerivedData.html

-Jeff