[idvusers] Formating NetCDF headers for Point Data

Hi All

I'm trying to package some point data for IDV using netCDF.

Are there any examples of setting this up except for

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/files.html

Specifically what we want to do is take a days worth of point data at
different stations and collect them in a single file for use in IDV (and
other tools)

e.g., for a given parameter

float temperature(station,time) ;

Would such a setup work or am I limited one time step per file as the
madis examples seem to imply.

Better still, is there a utility in GEMPAK or elsewhere that takes a
GEMPAK point data file (e.g, 20090215_sao.gem) and convert it to a
netcdf file viewable in NETCDF?

Bill Capehart <William.Capehart@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:William.Capehart@xxxxxxxxx> >   Associate Professor

Institute of Atmospheric Sciences         Land Surface Processes

213 Mineral Industries Building                 Hydrometeorology

South Dakota School of Mines and Technology Ph:  +1-605-394-1994

501 East Saint Joseph Street                Fax: +1-605-394-6061

Rapid City, SD 57701-3995                Mobile: +1-605-484-5692

=================== http://capehart.sdsmt.edu
<http://capehart.sdsmt.edu>  ==================