Re: [idvusers] "Visible range" not showing image beneath

On 4/21/08, Don Murray <dmurray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Dan-
>
>  When you use the visible range or the color table you'll need to make
>  sure that the image is "on top".  Use the View->Bring To Front menu
>  option of the theta-e display control.

That did it. Not sure how I missed that option. Previously I did
inspect the layers from a side view to confirm that the theta-e
surface was above the sat pic, which was set to Bottom on the vertical
position slider.

>  Are you using a 2D or 3D display?

3D, theta-e at 850 hPa and the sat pic on "bottom".

>  For the projection problem, do you have Fast Rendering turned on or off?
>  Do you get different results depending on that setting?

If you're referring to the sat pic disappearing when switching to
Europe, I had Fast rendering on, but turning it off makes no
difference. BTW changing fast rendering on and off makes the wireframe
box reappear when I'd selected it off. Minor but annoying ;-).

Dan