Re: [idvusers] "Visible range" not showing image beneath

  • To: "Tom Whittaker" <whittaker@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [idvusers] "Visible range" not showing image beneath
  • From: "Dan Grey" <dangrey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:09:03 +0100
Hi Tom,

NB forgot to mention that I'm using v2.4.

The original method I was trying was selecting the "visible range"
check box beneath the colour table button on the Display tab of the
Dashboard, which un-greys-out the "Change" button next to it, and
using that button to change the visible range. No joy.

I tried your method but it fails in the same way as my original method
-- see attached pic.

Your example picture is exactly what I'm trying to achieve so I'm at a
loss as to why it's not working for me!

I do wonder if this problem is in some way tied to the sat pic I'm
using, which is a MSG image. It only displays if I use the "MSGT"
projection -- switching to a different projection, such as the
predefined Europe projection for a more top-down view, causes the
satellite picture to disappear (all the other displays remain).

To test that I recreated something similar to your example image
(using 2.5 deg data to save time, hence the blockiness!). Using my
original "visible range" method has the desired result (see second
attachment). I also tried your method, which also worked.

(BTW note the odd bug in the second image with the display list text
-- it's hidden behind the satpic. This again seems related to the
projection: I was using the predefined US CONUS projection. The
display list appeared normally using "World" or "North Pole".)

Dan