20060116: invitation to participate in Spring 2006 AGU Joint Assembly

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to invite you to participate in a session on "Earth and
Space Science Cyberinfrastructures: Data, Tooks, Distribution, and
Forecast Systems" at the at the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Spring
Assembly that will be held in Baltimore, Maryland, USA on 23-26 May,
2006.

The session, jointly convened by Dr. Elen Cutrim (Western Michigan
University) and myself, (Tom Yoksas, UCAR/Unidata), is intended to
foster development of international research and education
collaborations focused on Earth and Space Science Informatics in the
Americas, and to set the stage for future interactions, especially
those at the AGU 2007 Joint Assembly that will be held in Mexico.

The session is described as follows:

IN05: Earth and Space Science Cyberinfrastructures: Data, Tools,
      Distribution, and Forecast Systems for International Collaboration

      stronger and broader space and Earth science cyberinfrastructure
      community through international collaboration. We encourage
      papers on biogeophysical, meteorological, ecological, remote
      sensing, and related intelligent and adaptive systems for data
      collection, processing, and knowledge discovery and classroom
      dissemination. Of special interest will be presentations on data,
      tools and forecast systems that foster collaborations among the
      research and education communities in the Western Hemisphere.

      We strongly encourage participation of Latin American scientific
      and higher education organizations in this session.

AGU HomePage:
      http://www.agu.org/

Cyberinfrastructure session:
      http://www.agu.org/meetings/ja06/?content=search&show=detail&sessid=171

As noted in the session web page, the deadline for abstract submission
is March 1, 2006.

Please let your colleagues know about this session, and direct them to
Elen or me if they have questions.  Here is our contact information:

Elen Cutrim
Western Michigan University, Department of Geography
Rm. 3240
Wood Hall
Kalamazoo, MI, USA  49008
(269) 387-3418
cutrim@xxxxxxxxx

Tom Yoksas
Unidata UCAR
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO, USA  80307
(303) 497-8642
yoksas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We look forward to your participation in what promises to be an
exciting meeting!

Best Regards,

* yoksas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                   Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/ *