Re: [gembud] GEMPAK and ABI data

To reiterate here is what we are doing and the question is once we have pulled an ABI .nc file how do we get them renderable by NAWIPS sans LDM…

AWIPS System: ABI .nc file from AWS server à pulled by scripts to the local server à submitted to AWIPS2 EDEX LDM à rendered in CAVE

NAWIPS System: ABI.nc file from AWS Server à pulled by scripts to the local server à ??? what steps do we take to have this processed so the file can be rendered in NAWIPS ???

The purpose of the LDM is to process incoming data streams, and place the data where it belongs, while triggering appropriate actions where necessary while being processed.

Therefore, if you wish to use data normally obtained via LDM without the LDM with GEMPAK, simply place the data where it belongs 🙂

To determine where that might be, examine the pqact statement shown from your link, here is a screencap

Your data will go under the ~data/gempak/images/sat/{-regex-} directory ... adapted to your local configuration.

if you do not understand regex and have an ldm handy 'notifyme' is helpful in understanding regular expressions to decode the above... such as:
notifyme -v1- -d EXP -o 3600

if you do not have and ldm handy, an introduction to ldm regex is available in the documentation:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/ERE.html

cheers,

--patrick

PNG image