[gembud] GEMPAK and ABI data

  • To: "gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gembud] GEMPAK and ABI data
  • From: "Manousos, Peter C" <pmanousos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 15:27:47 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=firstenergycorp.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=firstenergycorp.com; dkim=pass header.d=firstenergycorp.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=7TV6g4crBScfZmS90Gyzz4kR3DjcGjesVc1SxH7TDJc=; b=ad5ph7O0FYLyZkmgHkhmFqR4h/LL0q3DEuMLGlc2wZP+1ZLEnG6nNNjPaDt2g5qZjKmKLQXVFXL9wucqbBccLxVIU5eKL2uO2A3dUvEj1q8cbMVzrVDswDBcWO9CRNGje2KUKubxByEoGTWZMUwP1Gp+nk4fW070bjyFXtoZB7g7M1cFgS6+KXG8qzMZKZDFKvbafOKjqSnHcDS/cXJZXyJrVjIPTdb+UAaSSPr+FbiQDfxFvCAeUKz+Hh3fdB3nYJjkd6UTzmuOSUdhUc35kavsxOq273Uwxwc4zrayTMwAHPsbEsG9CftPvfKqZe4FsKLzVQ6NKr36R7ZkUzFDOg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=cSTmpZmGFzxxpNFkCwVn9ryLU5POdDej+gZNBdFofIZCekbH3Tv3qn44sgJggl8nTVu/qavTQwZa17k0yKLT81RdCEPpUn77fjoKaCZybRg4ty85idRp6X4FKQOxsM61iFO5g3lwueJXD3oG70d3PKKQcmM/PAaiM9I89ewgJIOJPlb7AtVJWPmxROZMdx1kaXznxglChy//CxucrK+hsffOc8GRRI0KTe9GNs2ng7c919kpmAdhC5iBxBdr2rfwmuXJaZ4NV9t4QR5XZ8H7YtOikXrhSY9PxRL/yXTEcpkcwUY/Vu9wD+ypCdg3J6Srk4At1kPvrAAkpQcyKCtyxA==
Greetings.   As we transition away from NAWIPS towards AWIPS2, we would still
like a little overlap running both packages for comparison purposes.   Although
we see GEMPAK can process ABI imagery (GEMPAK 7.5.1 : News@Unidata
(ucar.edu)<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/gempak-7-5-1>) the
process involves submitting it to an LDM.

Because we are in the private sector and don't run the ldm (we pull data
directly off servers and run them through decoders in NAWIPS  and for AWIPS we
submit them manually to its EDEX LDM) we weren't sure what NAWIPS decoder or
what steps to invoke to get the .nc files renderable by NAWIPS (those
under-the-hood details are not available in the above link).

To reiterate here is what we are doing and the question is once we have pulled
an ABI .nc file how do we get them renderable by NAWIPS sans LDM...

AWIPS System:  ABI .nc file from AWS server --> pulled by scripts to the local
server --> submitted to AWIPS2 EDEX LDM --> rendered in CAVE

NAWIPS System: ABI.nc file from AWS Server --> pulled by scripts to the local
server --> ??? what steps do we take to have this processed so the file can be
rendered in NAWIPS ???

Pete

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.