Re: [gembud] Issues with viewing GEMPAK surface observations through GARP

  • To: Unidata GEMPAK Support <support-gempak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Patrick L. Francis" <wxprofessor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gembud] Issues with viewing GEMPAK surface observations through GARP
  • From: "Podowitz, Derek (CIV)" <derek.podowitz@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 03:30:31 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=nps.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=nps.edu; dkim=pass header.d=nps.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=pFJ258oZlyyAbdb/r5rqlhaCpyFvWesMoE16upuZTMI=; b=k3HYwm22TU7FWQUelyF0yH3tOUuHuDhhrr+2hdEMo0408A7gQi7FSU9Y2YEQrX52TS9qd3mpl9HGkqY8OEZcLLia+DrhFx1SQ9fNMUkJNaqc2ffNeRS3W9iW79A4olXdDelZE5bg2MkpvV8CmizsYaDL9WeKigLgnJNLVvmWY11RDqNca7v8i/Pqpa7ovfDuxp5++TllyWk30q2XEmlUPa52oV5sYVvFokLI4Bsk547SiuHcfQ7tw7vzdKBjv5mbsURX4XJzF8JdiocYAsoEs+CbcwvgrooSDXnpI0SfhHwqNuIYq3XeTsS18RL9UTUnczdv83rYHjcEOApNAN13sg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=Pde2kE1Y0CWoIsE7RLU6xO/enTcTMGyZzIMAjElf3hQ8U6jGpkIQRREn0qf18AlXlQXsQ7hCTLedDthBfCeDbLtHijfvgvsb/pSGBWpudd851dTusV0balpiQyZsp4StbCEVeZyzr+DfTT0G5QQuPuGPXD69++S+mvXY0h4gkRSd+U3gQU7Re9tAdak9Hg7DTfWn5TAjyJo0qXbYd14YHk6wiWBt6/HJHpWfQV7xXEL7iJMqyK4E9DGgnxM+qPhL1/pqYmiJjHUMSI2F2XCQCjgNZsKPXNsTObsUGfLV5ExRpJi8QZRwYvfkPwqZVUuGYAIezS4mWb+wPPaGqvRUwA==
  • Suggested_attachment_session_id: dbfd6517-0063-cdcd-05aa-fb3922a1517d
Patrick,

I will take a look through those GARP files and verbose options more tomorrow.

You did bring up a separate issue that relates to there not being as much
surface observations as we anticipate that we should see when we are able to
view some of the surface observations in GARP.

I need to look further into that, but it may be more of an LDM issue where we
are missing a data stream on our end.

Thank you very much for the quick response.

Very Respectfully,

Derek Podowitz
DON Meteorologist, Lab Manager
Interactive Digital Environmental Analysis (IDEA) Lab
Department of Meteorology
Naval Postgraduate School
NPS E-mail:  derek.podowitz@xxxxxxx