Re: [gembud] Problems plotting NEXRAD N0Q

Dear all,

With the help of Pete, I finally have identified the problem, but I do not
know how to solve it.

Recap:
I had NEXRAD NIDS plotting of N0Z for years without problem (station KCXX).
Since it has been removed, I am switching to N0Q.
The plot is done using sfmap and a PSC device.
With the new N0Q in place, with proper entries in imgtyp.tbl as well
as nex2gini.tbl, it works well with the GIF driver, but it doesn not work
properly with the PSC driver, as all echos are the same color. Here is an
example with the same datafile as input, and the only difference here being
the DEVICE driver (GIF vs PSC).
Any hint on why it gives those incorrect results for the PSC driver?

Thanks!

Christian

[image: unnamed-2.gif]
[image: unnamed.gif]

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 2:53 PM Christian Pagé <page.christian@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Dear all gempak users,
>
> I had to switch recently from the N0Z NEXRAD products to N0Q.
>
> The plotting is done with sfmap using the RAD keyword.
>
> Here is a comparison with another radar product for the same time (the new
> N0Q is on the right-hand side).
> There is a problem as all the values seem to be all the same... at least
> with the same color.
>
> [image: Screenshot_20210523-091127.png][image: image.png]  [image:
> Screenshot_20210523-091110.png]
>
> I tried with several LUTFIL and it is always the same.
>
> The pqact.conf is just:
> NEXRAD  ^SDUS[23578]. ....
> ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])([0-6][0-9]).*/p(...)(...)
>         FILE    -overwrite      -close
>  data/gempak/nexrad/NIDS/\5/\4/\4_(\1:yyyy)(\1:mm)\1_\2\3
>
> Any hint on what could be wrong?
>
> ====
>
> Another question is the LUTFIL. Previously I had this colormap with the
> N0Z product:
> [image: CXX_N0Z.1.gif]
> Is there a way to generate a LUTFIL with the same colormap?
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Christian Pagé
> UQAM