Re: [gembud] Installing gempak on a RHEL7 system

Gerry,

I recently installed gempak from RPM on a 64 bit Centos 7 system, but I didn't
go through installing the awips repo. Instead, I downloaded
gempak-7.4.3-1.el7.centos_x86_64.rpm from
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/gempak/index.jsp

GEMPAK Source Code and Binaries - Unidata |
Home<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/gempak/index.jsp>
www.unidata.ucar.edu
GEMPAK Source Code and Binaries. GEMPAK is an analysis, display, and product
generation package for meteorological data. It is used at National Centers for
producing operational forecast and analysis products.

and installed directly from that file using yum as:

yum install gempak-7.4.3-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm

Hope this helps,

Pete

<http://www.weather.com/tv/shows/wx-geeks/video/the-incredible-shrinking-cold-pool>--
Pete Pokrandt - Systems Programmer
UW-Madison Dept of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
608-262-3086  - poker@xxxxxxxxxxxx