[gembud] GEMPAK Data Access Help

Hello, I appear to have hit a brick wall when it comes to accessing data
on GEMPAK. I've got GEMPAK installed with all the packages, sourced the
variables, and everything opens but no data is coming in through the
EDEX server. Screenshot below shows the issue.

Is the EDEX server is where data comes through or do I need to setup an
LDM ingest server or anything similar. I've looked in multiple places
for help but hear alot of custom scripts, LDM server, etc... I am very
new to GEMPAK but would love to learn about it & use it but it appears
beginners guides are seldom seen. Any help would be greatly
appreciated! :)

PNG image