[gembud] Some help installing GemPak

Hi,

I've been trying to install GemPak and I can use some help.

I have Mint Linux 17 ( an Ubuntu derivative ) Qiana with the Cinnamon
desktop

I have been using the instructions to build from source posted here
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/doc/install.html

I supplemented the directions with special instructions for Ubuntu based
Linux distributions here
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg06531.html

I got to the point of compiling and generating a make.out file.

I have about 100 of these error messages in it:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpython2.7
make[5]: *** [sfctime] Error 1

I made some adjustments such that when I echo my $LD_LIBRARY_PATH I get
this output from the terminal:

Mint17QianaCinnamonBIOSF10$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/lib64:/usr/lib64:/home/gempak/GEMPAK7/os/linux64/lib:/usr/lib/python2.7/config-x86_64-linux-gnu
Mint17QianaCinnamonBIOSF10$

When I try compiling I keep getting many of the same error message
regardless.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I might need to do to make that error
message go away?

Thanks much either way

Steve

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpython2.7