[GEMPAK #KWB-338769]: installation help

> To whom this may concern,
>
> I am currently trying to download gempak onto my Mac with the newest version
> of El Capitan. I got through step 1 and I think step 2 as well, but now I am
> confused with the entire step 3. Do you have a more in depth guide to
> downloading this? Or offer any assistance to helping with the download on the
> most updated software. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Collin,

Step three of the GEMPAK Mac instructions (
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/doc/install_osx.html ) covers the
installation of the required OpenMotif library, and it reads "In the past (see
below), OpenMotif was either not present on MacPorts, or it was necessary to
build from source due to problems with the binary. This appears no longer to be
the case; although for reference, the instructions for a source-code build of
OpenMotif appear below."

So it's likely that you do not need to install OpenMotif on your system, and
you should skip this step and continue on to see if there are any missing
dependencies at run-time.

Does that answer your question?

Michael James
Unidata Program Center