I also wanted to mention, Unidata had to make updates to our web server
and for a time the GEMPAK manual was unavailable.
The GEMPAK manual pages for programs and parameters have been
Page for data and grid variables, decoders and NPROGS will be updated
soon. These are the same man pages viewable using 'phelp' within any
On 03/04/2014 01:00 PM, Michael James wrote:
GEMPAK7 rel3 (7.0.3) is now available from
updates for rel3 include
* fix for dmrpkg library which prevented some grids from being read.
* fix for dctaf to solve problem reported in February (7.0 rel2)
* fix for dcacars, dcncprof, dccosmic and dcsuomi leaving 0-size
temporary netCDF files in home directory.
* libxml2 and xslt updated to latest versions.
* build fixes for SunOS decoders which link against libxml2
This version of GEMPAK is available as source code and as binaries for
linux64 / linux32 (.rpm) and SunOS x86 (.tar.gz).
Linux RPMs install to /home/gempak by default but can be installed
elsewhere with the '--prefix=/usr/local/gempak' flag.
Please send questions or bug reports about this release to
gembud mailing list
For list information or to unsubscribe, visit: