Re: [gembud] GARP crashes using GEMPAK v5.11.4

You should be able to get more information by:

Options -> Logging

That should help narrow the issue. If it's crashing just make sure you
set the logging to a file.

On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 12:38 -0400, Frank Marsik wrote:
> We recently downloaded the newest version of GEMPAK and GARP onto our
> new Linux box.  GEMPAK seems to be working fine.  Most elements of GARP
> are working just fine, but I am having a few hiccups that I cannot seem
> to fix.  I have compared the Gemenviron and Garp_defaults files from
> our old and new system, and do not see any differences.  Here are the
> two most frustrating problems:
>
> 1. When I try to plot the NAM using Model Plan Projection, I am allowed
>    to select the dates, times and variables that I want.  When I then
>    click "Display", GARP crashes.  If I then restart GARP and first
>    select GFS (without plotting), then select NAM....I have a different
>    set of "general" scalar variables which plot up just fine without
>    crashing!  Is there a magic file that I need to check on that tells
>    each model which fdf's to use?

Sounds to me like a missing file or permissions issue. It's as if when
you go to NAM directly Garp can't load whatever it's looking for and
craps out, but when you select GFS Garp loads some parameter file and
can then proceed because it keeps whatever parameters successfully
loaded for the GFS. Whether it's a file or some other configuration I
don't really know, it's just what seems to make some sense based on your
description.