Re: [gembud] SFLIST - what's the right sfparm for peak wind speed (pwsp does not seem to work)

If you are using dcmetr to decode the data into gempak files,
it uses a table to determine which parameters to put into the file.
By default, this is $NAWIPS/gempak/tables/pack/metar.pack
Also, by default, the parameters pwsp, pwdr, pwhr, and pwmn
are not included.  You just need to add these, delete the data
files and rerun the decoder.  The three numerical values are for packing:
minimum value, maximum value, resolution of the values.

pmanousos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all - anyone know if the "peak wind" parameters in sflist (sfparm=pwsp, pwdr, pwhr, or pwmn) are valid? The help file says it those should work but when I run

GEMPAK-SFLIST>l
SFFILE   = $OBS/hrly/2010329.hrly
AREA     = @HQM
DATTIM   = all
SFPARM   = pwdr
OUPTU    = T
IDNTYPE  = STID

I get the following messages:

[SFLIST 1] Parameter PWDR is not computable
[SFLIST -4] No valid computable parameters

When I enter GUST or TMPC for SFPARM it works fine.. and in NWX the current obs for HQM do contain a number of PK WND reports.

Pete

----------------------------------------- The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.

--
Larry Oolman
Department of Atmospheric Science