  From: Jason Brooks
  To: gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:17 AM
  Subject: [gembud] Still having compile issues

  Ok, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.  I am using a fresh install of
CentOS x86 5.4.  I installed groups "X Window System", "X Software Development"
and "Development Libraries" as well as libXp, libXp-devel, openmotif, and
openmotif-devel.  Included in the tar is a list of packages that were
installed.   On a stock gempak source, using the new sources, the builds break.
The make.out for the original compile attempts are in the tar file.  I did not
have the Gemenviron.profile sourced in my .bash_profile. I used a fresh shell
each time and sourced it manually.  They broke partially due to the fact that
there are no libraries or includes under the /usr/X11R6 directory on my system.
 All of the x11 and motif libs are under /usr/lib and /usr/lib64, the includes
for X11 are under /usr/include and the includes for openmotif are under
/usr/include/Xm.  After making the appropriate changes to the
Makeinc.linux64_g77 I ran the make again and ended up with the make.out.2.

  I've had problems compiling on Gentoo but that's due to the nature of the
beast, my CentOS systems have never had these problems. Prior to the issue that
was just patched, I have had very little problems compiling, and even then
everything compiled, and worked except for the inability to read data.  Now
everything is completely broke and I'm completely confused as to what has
happened.  Maybe it is as simple as reverting to an older version of CentOS.
If this is the case, what version do you guys use?

  --
  Jason Brooks
  KE5FSE

  StormGuard Solutions - Your complete storm and severe weather warning and
tracking solution provider.
  Visit us at http://www.stormguardsolutions.net today!
  We build to meet your needs.