Re: [gembud] Still having compile issues

Hello Jason,

I wish Unidata would state a reason why they no longer produce GEMPAK binaries, but regardless, we are left with all this compiling fun. Looking at your Centos Errors, netcdf is not building for reasons I have yet to figure out (appears it requires a lot of tetex stuff to build docs). I ended up hacking in netcdf 4.1 to help it to build cleaner with gfortran.

<personal rant>
I sure wish Unidata would support public source code trees and revision systems of GEMPAK, so the community could actively help develop it. Unfortunately, Unidata doesn't develop code in an open manner. We have to wait for it to "come from on high", a.k.a the 13th floor of the Unidata tower, hehe!
</personal rant>

Anyway, I know others on this list are producing RPMs, so hopefully they'll have something to share with you. My RPM foo is not strong enough to provide binaries for RHEL and RHEL clones yet.

I ended up installing: tetex-dvips , openmotif-devel, texinfo, tetex and got it to work, I think.

daryl