Re: [gembud] gddiag question

Jason,

What is the value of gdattim? You will have to use the caret (^) modifier in gfunc for the second scalar -- scalar^f03+2.

Scott

Jason Levit wrote:
Hi all,

I'm attempting to compute the difference of a scalar variable
between two forecast times, with the grid information located
in two *different files*, using gddiag.

So, I have data for forecast hour 000 in file one, and data
for forecast hour 003 in file two. Attempting to do something
like

gdfile = filef000.gempak + filef003.gempak
gfunc = sub(scalar,scalar+2)

yields a "Cannot find scalar^f000" error when ran. Can gddiag
compute data from files that contain different dates/times? Or
does all the data have to be in one file?

Thanks for any information or help.

Jason