Re: [gembud] [ldm-users] GOES 12 outage, GOES 13 changes for GEMPAK

  • To: "Stonie R. Cooper" <stonewall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gembud] [ldm-users] GOES 12 outage, GOES 13 changes for GEMPAK
  • From: "Arthur A. Person" <person@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:58:14 -0500 (EST)
Stonie,

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008, Stonie R. Cooper wrote:

Art - I have heard that older versions of GEMPAK require the value of
180 instead of 80.

Oh boy... we seem to have a pickle here... I was actually using 180 for GOES-13 because I looked it up at Wisconsin somewhere and it works for McIDAS GOES-13 imagery and GINI data ftp'd from the NWS, but not for IDD Noaaport GINI. However, I just tried changing it to 80 for GOES-13, and now it works for the IDD Noaaport GINI, but no longer works for McIDAS GOES-13 and data ftp'd from the NWS... any suggestions?

                              Art