Re: [gembud] Searching for ideas

Hi Phil,.
What I do with the SPC GRID's is have a pqact.conf line watch for one
of the files that gets sent out,
then with a EXEC line trigger a shell script to run my GRIB decoder and create the maps

file the data for me
HDS     ^(......) KWNS.*!grib2
   FILE     -overwrite -close     data/text/grib/spc/\1.bin

Trigger the GRIB conversion and map routines

HDS     ^LDIZ17 KWNS.*!grib2
   EXEC     decoders/spc1grib.sh

Depending on how much data is in the GRIB files,
I normally will have the new Maps on site before the SPC does

Jeff Lake
MichiganWxSystem.com
WeatherMichigan.net

All-

I'm searching for a ideas to display model data more timely.  On our
current setup, we simply wait until all data has arrived and then have
a script run in the cron that processes and plots all of our model
data.  However, I would like to post these plots in a more timely
manner, preferably as they arrive.  I've come up with a few ideas, but
none of them seem very efficient.  I'm assuming GEMPAK does not have a
program that can output grids that are currently available.  Does
anyone have any ideas (perhaps a listening script)?  Any help would be
great,

Thank you,

Phil Birnie
Webmaster